EllieStrand.com is an American website offered as a contact point for business-to-business (B2B) correspondence. As of this writing, May 2018, we do not collect personal information. However, if the situation changes, the following is our policy regarding private personal information.
Maintaining the security of all data is our priority as is respecting your privacy rights. EllieStrand.com pledges to handle all data fairly and legally. We are also dedicated to data transparency. This policy applies whenever or wherever you access EllieStrand.com.
How we use your data
EllieStrand.com uses your personal data to make the website available to you, to manage your account and verify your identity. If you agree, we will use your personal data to contact you via email about promotional offers and products and services which may interest you as a subscriber to a blog about ME. We may use your email address and name for market research to better understand your needs and to enable customer service if you have a complaint or suggestion for improvement.
Additionally, your personal information may be used to help with crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes and if we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications sent directly to your email address by setting or changing your communication preferences, unsubscribing via the email link or contacting EllieStrand.com through channels explained in this policy.
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners in the areas of IT and marketing. We allow service partners to handle your personal data only after we are assured they apply and maintain appropriate data protection and security controls. We have contractual obligations for service providers relating to data protection and security which limit their use of your data to provide services and for no other purpose.
Other than those above, we will not disclose your personal data to any other third party, except as set out below.
- If we have your consent
- When required by governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts or other public safety entities
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights, for example in a court case
- For prevention, detection, and investigation of a crime or to prosecute offenders
- For the protection of our employees and contractors
It may sometimes be necessary to share your data outside the USA. This typically occurs when service providers are located in other North American countries or the European Union. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer is compliant with data protection laws and that your personal information will be secure.
Additionally, we will not retain your personal information any longer than is necessary. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however, the longest retention period for personal data is usually six years.
How you can protect your personal data
EllieStrand.com will not ask you to confirm bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive such an email, please do not respond as this is a phishing expedition.
If you use a device (computer, smartphone, Kindle, etc.) in a public location we recommend that you log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
Additionally, keep your passwords private and do not use one password on multiple sites. Passwords longer than eight characters and containing letters and numbers are most secure. A password manager is an excellent choice for managing your online activity.
You have the following rights:
- To ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- To request (in certain circumstances) that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- To ask us to update and correct any personal information we hold
- To opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using/holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- To ask us (in certain circumstances) to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- To ask us to supply you (in certain circumstances) with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organization (the right to data portability).
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
EllieStrand.com collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below) and complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Blog subscribers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of EllieStrand.com including:
- Selling and/or supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health, and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers’ behavior, activities, preferences, and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing insurance claims by customers;
- Protecting EllieStrand.com, its employees, and subscribers by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to EllieStrand.com;
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against EllieStrand.com; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our subscribers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smartphones or tablets) as you browse this website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our website. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of EllieStrand.com.
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- EllieStrand.com or on behalf of EllieStrand.com, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our website;
- Third parties who participate with us in marketing programs; and
- Third parties who place advertisements on behalf of EllieStrand.com on the web page
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For EllieStrand.com to market to you, particularly blog advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable EllieStrand.com to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable EllieStrand.com to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
If you wish to disable cookies, you need to change your web browser settings to reject cookies. The way to do this varies with whichever browser you use. Please read browser-specific directions for IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Silk, Safari or another browser.
If cookies are disabled, EllieStrand.com may not operate properly. If you only disable third party cookies you will not have complete access or be able to purchase using links on EllieStrand.com.
This policy was last updated on May 22, 2018.